Welcome

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Zucchini Linguine with Dried Tomato Walnut Pesto


Whether you are looking for a low carb dish or just a little veggie experience, you are on the right page!  

Several weeks ago I bought a spiral cutter because I heard and read about these zucchini linguine all over the Internet.  I was curious and wanted to know if the hype around this pasta alternative is really justified. First of all, you have to like zucchini; otherwise the experience will not be a success. 

Today was the big day, and I prepared zucchini pasta. I have to say, I did not expect it to be that fast to prepare. In my mind it was more of an elaborate dish, the reason why the spiral cutter remained in my cupboard all these weeks.


I was wondering what sauce would go best with the zucchinis. The winner was my beloved dried tomatoes walnut pesto. The hearty taste of the pesto goes perfectly well with the discrete flavour of the zucchinis. The combination is definitely a convincing match. It is not really important if you heat the zucchinis up like you would boil real pasta, enjoy it cold as a side dish or salad, or fry it in a frying pan. I would say that if you wish the pesto to be well spread over the veggies, you better heat them up before adding the sauce. 




For 2 portions you need:

4 Zucchinis
50g dried tomatoes
90g walnuts
125 ml walnut oil
1tbsp Cashew Butter 
salt
black pepper


In a frying pan roast the walnuts with 30ml of oil. Then in a food processor combine the dried tomatoes, the roasted walnuts and the Parmesan. Add the oil and pulse until mixed well and smooth. Season with salt and pepper

Now you can start preparing your zucchini linguine with your spiral cutter.

Boil the linguine on maximum heat for 2-3 minutes. Drain the pasta and put it back into the pot.

Add 1 tbsp pesto per serving, which you fold gently in. 

Enjoy!!!!





1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this recipe! Definitely pinned it to my Not Inspiralized, but Spiralized board!

    ReplyDelete

 photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg